The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ordered these last week. Yes I had been drinking at the time. But I have been thinking about it for quite awhile.

It’s coming…-img_1082-png

It’s coming…-img_1083-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

By way of background, last year I built a Tele using parts from GFS and sold it at auction for a school fundraiser. The parts cost ~$300, and I sold it for $600.

I was very impressed with the quality of the GFS body and neck. For under $100 each—a steal. The electronics were OK—I would upgrade the pickups if doing again, but nice to have a pre-wired harness with PNP connections.

It’s coming…-img_6388-jpg

If you can’t guess, my old high school’s nickname is Big Blue.

I wanted to do a Strat build this time, and would have ordered the body from GFS, but they’re back ordered. I came across these cool Paisley 2-piece alder bodies on Ebay. There was a video of the design process which looked pretty decent, but of course it’s a bit of buying a Chinese pig in a poke. At $169 it was straining the budget, but much less than legit Fender bodies or vintage bodies.

User Info Menu

I like paisley guitars. Be sure to post a picture when it’s together.

User Info Menu

That is a really nice looking strat body.

Mato Nanji of Indigenous used to play those F-hole strats into Matchless amps all the time in the late 90s. Had a great sound with that arrangement even though he blew up his amps all the time, lol. A little more air than a solid body. Good luck putting it together.

User Info Menu

Well got most of the parts from GFS the other day. There are still a few items I had to order piecemeal off Amazon, cause they were backordered at GFS like a neck plate, back plate, etc.

Once again I am chuffed at the quality of the GFS stuff. The necks and bodies are top notch.

The only thing one might not like is the poly coating. You can buy the necks and bodies unfinished though if that’s your preference.

It’s coming…-img_1115-jpg

Dry fit together—the neck fits into the pocket like a hand in a glove.

It’s coming…-img_1116-jpg

User Info Menu

I like your style. That guitar will annoy a bunch of folks. Here's my most recent effort. As my pal Jay said, it has something to piss off everbody.

Attached Images Attached Images It’s coming…-sbc-strat-mjt-purplecaster_9290-jpg 

User Info Menu

If you really want to piss people off, but the output jack on inside out. Bubbling up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen View Post
    If you really want to piss people off, but the output jack on inside out. Bubbling up.
    whoa, conceptual