The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 62 of 62

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    A Continental from Bryant’s latest batch . Strung up an hour ago.

Login • Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow - sounds REALLY nice!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It's tough to beat a Continental.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emmor
    It's tough to beat a Continental.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timc100
    Great playing! It’s clear you are saving the tone and response. It’s great to hear one played because, aside from a couple players we don’t get to hear many Trenier’s. I am in line for the next Continental that he just strung up. Very excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Tim! You're going to love your Continental. Bryant's guitars are truly masterpieces. I happy to share the video and plan on sharing more as time allows. Take care and good luck with your soon to be new axe!

User Info Menu

Does anybody know which strings Bryant uses on his acoustic guitars when he does these lovely samples?

Here is an upcoming video of Bryants latest build. This design was conceived after Bryants recent restoration of a 51'D'Angelico. The model is called " Excelsior", and is being showcased by Romain Vuillemin. Romain is a fine player from Paris France - and his YT channel contains many videos of him playing vintage Archtops. Here is the link:

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post
    Here is an upcoming video of Bryants latest build. This design was conceived after Bryants recent restoration of a 51'D'Angelico. The model is called " Excelsior", and is being showcased by Romain Vuillemin. Romain is a fine player from Paris France - and his YT channel contains many videos of him playing vintage Archtops. Here is the link:

Wow. That sounds great. Wonderful playing as well. Thanks, Steve!

User Info Menu

I know who is getting this guitar and hopefully have a chance to play it in the future. It checks a lot of boxes.

User Info Menu

trenier’s binding “restoration” on a friend’s d’aquisto “solid body”.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post

Everything about this is wonderful. A few things:

- I appreciate that this is a non-cutaway, I think they are underrated nor do I think they restrict access up the neck as much as folks say - consider Classical guitarists never have a cutaway and they are all over the place.
    - the inlay from fingerboard through headstock is the Eiffel tower - I would have never figured that out myself but someone on the youtube video mentioned it. Very cool.
    - Smart move by Bryant to get this in a players hand. I think that is what is missing many times. He does a better job at this than most.

What I would be intereste dot learn, and I may just ask him myself, but what from the 50s DA restoration did he learn and apply to this instrument? I'm curious in the same way about the Continental model vs. New Yorkers/80s D'Aq

Tim,
    Regarding your last paragraph - when compared to Bryants typical D'Aquisto geometry, the learned / applied knowledge on the Excelsior is a slight body size increase from 17", to 17-3/8 , bracing change ....and different neck angle from the D'Aquisto style geometry. The result is more of a D'Angelico voice.

While I appreciate Romaine making the video, and his playing is great, it left me wondering what this guitar would sound like in the hands of someone with more of a legato chord melody (less staccato style) approach - with the plectrum residing at end of neck and not sweeping around towards the bridge. No criticism, we all have our style and playing / listening preferences.

Nonetheless, it's always great to see a new Trenier.

Bryant sent me a short video of this build minutes after stringing it up, and it rings like a bell with plenty of power, and tons of sustain. He was very excited with the outcome.

My next build ( "The Botanical") will incorporate these design changes.

User Info Menu

I suggest we start a new Trenier thread. These are great but this one is long and separating them out is nice to see different guitars. So, the next Trenier sighting start a new thread just my thoughts.