The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 84 of 84

User Info Menu

I took a Holiday... a Billie Holiday that is.

God Bless the Child (whose got his own guitar)
    Last edited by Mick-7; 09-23-2024 at 02:24 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This must've been around 2008 (fisrt video I posted on Youtube). Part noodling/part improvised... with McCoy Tyner in my mind...

User Info Menu

very tasteful and nice tone., well done.

User Info Menu

Blue and Green (using open string chords).

Take 1: Blue and Green 01 - Box.com

Take 2: Blue and Green 02 - Box.com

P.S. - This is an old arrangement of mine that I resurrected, attached is my original tablature for it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mick-7; 09-25-2024 at 12:31 AM.

User Info Menu

Here's a go at Time After Time.

I learned the Jeff Arnold arrangement for the study group. As I've been practicing it I've slowly been replacing some of his stuff with some of my own.

I started effing rushing, but I didn't want to do a million takes, so I'm posting it as is.

User Info Menu

I was playing Dave Brubeck's "In Your Own Sweet Way" (one of my all time favorite tunes) yesterday to make a demo for Gitterbug. Here's a simple fingerstyle take on my Eastman 810CE7 through the DV Mark EG250 and a Toob Metro GP+. I hope it's a worthwhile contribution to The Autumn of Solo Guitar.

User Info Menu

nevershould – Awesome – hauntingly lovely!

How did you mic it, if you don't mind sharing?
    Last edited by Ukena; Yesterday at 07:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena View Post
    nevershould – Awesome – hauntingly lovely! How did you mic it, if you don't mind sharing?
    Wow - thanks so much! I almost always record with my TASCAM DR-40x. The internal mics and preamps are pretty good, so I use it as the entire front end running directly into my recording software (Audacity on a PC). I offset the centerline so one mic picks up a little more of the highs from the center cap and the other a bit more of the bottom from the cone. After recording, I duplicate the stereo track, swap channels on the dupe, offset it by 2 or 3 msec, and merge the two. This gives a slightly bigger stereo image that I like without processing of any kind.

The Autumn of Solo Guitar 2024-img_1885-jpeg