The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

New video

The secret life of major seventh chords

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Secret life? Are we talking debauchery or what?

Could this be the first video Christian has ever posted that does not receive a G rating?

User Info Menu

I feel the 'secret life' part is not fully disclosed, are you worrying major chords will sue you?

Coupla thoughts:
    Those vocings and inversions reminded me of some indie rock music. I'm afraid if I start messing with them I would get into that vibe and will try to write an indie tune, which would distract me from my jazz studies... I'm just kidding (kinda).

When demonstrating scales over chords, have you ever thought of using a looper? I just got one and it's really easy and fun thing to practice with. Not a necessity of course, but could be a nice touch.

Otherwise dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    Coupla thoughts:
    Those vocings and inversions reminded me of some indie rock music. I'm afraid if I start messing with them I would get into that vibe and will try to write an indie tune, which would distract me from my jazz studies... I'm just kidding (kinda).
    Indie times

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    I feel the 'secret life' part is not fully disclosed, are you worrying major chords will sue you?

We have an NDA
    Coupla thoughts:
    Jingly jangly. I am a child of the early 90s.

When demonstrating scales over chords, have you ever thought of using a looper? I just got one and it's really easy and fun thing to practice with. Not a necessity of course, but could be a nice touch.

Otherwise dig it.
    I do have a looper (two in fact) that I’ve used in the past but I don’t actually use it much. Tbh I don’t plug my guitar in much which probably has something to do with it. For videos I just DI without monitoring.

It’s actually way easier for me to overdub guitar in post which I have done for videos… In this case I didn’t think necessary as the whole thing is entirely Ebmaj7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

That first bit, taking diads of the major 7. That sounded like minecraft.

User Info Menu

thanks Christian
    that vid was very informative ….

i didn’t grok all of it ….

but i did start to play Gmin ideas
    over Ebmajor which i’m liking
    a lot

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    That first bit, taking diads of the major 7. That sounded like minecraft.
    Oh man if you like that you should check this out …

User Info Menu

That part at the end really resonates with me.

"every time I play these kind of shapes instead of the whole chord... I get more ideas"