The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Frank Pratte (known here as fep) and I are The Crazy Assholes. (If you don't believe us, just ask our wives!)

This is our latest.
    I started this song back in the '90s and hadn't done anything with it since.
    Recently Frank had some ideas for it and really went to work on it, so if not for him there would be, as the cops say in the movies, "Nothing to see here, folks."

Frank lives in San Diego and I live in South Florida. We don't work in the same room at the same time. Ever. (Wouldn't it be nice?)
    I just play a bit of lead on this song. That 'break' in the middle was the original riff for the song and when I wrote the lyrics, I sang them over to the melody (!) of that riff. That rarely works out well in the long run. Frank changed the melody and some of the lyrics. It's much better now.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I really like Mark's lyrics and story. I think he captured the disjointed weirdness of a dream... crazy. And he was generous in putting up with all my "producer" requests and changes. Great collaboration.

And thanks to Doctor Jeff, although he doesn't know it. He pointed out the Meta AI image generator on another thread on the forum which was a game changer in making the video for this tune.