The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 83

User Info Menu

Very best wishes Rob and thank you for all your inpout and sharing.

David

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Get well soon, Rob. You are an inspiration.

User Info Menu

Wishing you all the best Rob!!!

User Info Menu

Hang in there Rob.

User Info Menu

Hey Rob, Wishing you a speedy and full recovery! Get well soon, my forum friend. This place needs you. -- Joe

User Info Menu

Best of luck in the coming weeks, Rob.

User Info Menu

I was diagnosed with myasthenia about six years ago--fortunately, a mild case and easily managed with an immunosuppressant and pyridostigmine (and I no longer need the latter). Rob's version sounds like the serious kind, but I notice now, in the endless pharma commercials that punctuate the morning cable news, that there is a new treatment--though I'm always wary of regimens that come with long lists of side effects and contraindications.

MG is comparativly rare--it barely registered on the list of conditions treated on my neurologist's website, and its causes (as distinct from its neuromuscular mechanisms) are unclear. It's an autoimmune disorder, which means all kinds of interesting complexity--for example, why does it only affect voluntary muscles? Why is my version limited to muscles from the throat up? Why do about 20% of my doc's patients spontaneously get better? And if my immune system is so over-enthusiastic, why did I get Covid last year?

In any case, here's hoping that Rob's condition responds to one of these treatments.

User Info Menu

Best, best wishes Rob! And all our hopes for a rapid positive response to treatment so that you can get home and on with your life.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Rob: I appreciate everything you've brought to the forum, including your music, photography, typewriters, commentary, and Bach Cello Suites for Plectrum Style. You haven't been around as much lately and I've missed you.

I wish you all the best with your treatment and hope to have you back in full force.

Sincerely,
    Charles

User Info Menu

Very best wishes, Rob. Lots of love and respect on here for you - hope that gives you some strength. Get well soon.

User Info Menu

Get well soon!

User Info Menu

Rob - Sending healing vibes.

AKA

User Info Menu

Even tho we haven't met you seem like one of the good ones Rob. Best wishes

User Info Menu

Get well soon Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Here's a pic to cheer you up:

Pete Townshend bought two or three D'Angelico New Yorkers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuyBoden View Post
    Here's a pic to cheer you up:

Pete Townshend bought two or three D'Angelico New Yorkers.

I don't want to know what he did with them.

User Info Menu

Rob,

I posted the video on a German guitar forum, and reactions are coming in. Here's where you can find your German well-wishers:

Gitarre in Aktion » JSB - Johann's Serial Blues von RobMacKillop

- and sorry about the 5:1 victory the other day. Kicking a man when he's down indeed.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Stephan

User Info Menu

All the best Rob ... wishing you a full recovery from this deeply unpleasant sounding illness.

User Info Menu

Rob, I'm looking forward to hearing your playing and your fine brogue again soon. As we say over here, I'll light a candle for you.

User Info Menu

Rob ~

Just returning from a week off-the-grid and find this news about your health condition. I am saddened to hear this has come about, and I want you to know that your musicianship, mentorship, and generosity has been an inspiration to me these past 10 plus years. I have followed your experimentation with methods, guitars and pick-ups and wound up with some great sounding guitars and a few creative lines as a result. So I'm sending you my best wishes for a full recovery and all the benefits that modern medicine can bring. Keep the music coming, Rob.

User Info Menu

Rob, you’re such a positive force! Sending good thoughts your way. Feel better!

User Info Menu

Rob, Sending healing thoughts your way. You have been an inspiration to me and so many other people on this forum and in other corners of the musical world. And you have been very generous with your many talents and time on YouTube and elsewhere. Wishing that you will have a full recovery and getting back to whatever pleases you. Bill

User Info Menu

Sending healing energy your way, Rob!!

User Info Menu

Best wishes from me, too, Rob. Get well soon!

Derek