The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Odd question but my guess is most of the regulars here are at least semi-retired and older. I find that I am a homebody at heart. I really don't like to travel anywhere these days except day trips so I can return to the home. I thought maybe it was a bit much almost like a phobia to travel. Of course, it is not but wonder if others here have similar thoughts.

I am spiritual director, and I have a few retirees for Spiritual Direction. They are always out doing things and even work some part-time jobs to stay busy. Others have told me they just don't know what they would do with the time. To me I have the opposite thoughts.............I have my guitars to play and a few other hobbies and no need to go find things to do. That seems to work with staying home because traveling around makes guitar playing and playing much more difficult. I did travel around US a lot as a teenager and up till I was 35 but since then no desire.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm retired. I have plenty to do all day, I read a ton, play guitar a bit and like Mark I do day trips. I used to do two week bike trips through the Appalachians or to the East Coast, now I ride around Eastern Ontario for a few hours and home. Life can be simple if you're so inclined.
    I have no spirit or soul. When I die I'm dust and therefore I'm extremely thankful for my so-called consciousness.

User Info Menu

The people that retire and say they don't know what they will do to fill their time are just sad in my opinion.Hate to sound harsh but it's 2024,never have people had so many hobbies and activities available to them.I'm retired 15 years and there is not enough time in the day to do all the things i'm interested in doing.

User Info Menu

I'm retired and not enjoying it much because I've never had a hobby - always been work whether music or art - could never separate them from the search for money. When the gigs quit after Covid, I, sadly, quit playing and have barely touched a guitar for 6 months even though I bought a very nice GB10 which didn't even kick me into playing again. Art and music have always been there but only pursued because there was reason - gig or commission; absolutely no desire unless there was an end result - I find it impossible to play or draw for myself. I worked with a therapist for years trying to straighten it out but it never happened before he retired. Gun range is too far away and ammo too expensive; don't like model trains; woodworking too noisy and messy with no real shop; working on ham radio but not sure I have the passion for it that others have; can't read except at bedtime for a few minutes because I think it takes time away from doing something productive during the day. Just a sittin and rockin....