• I kinda lean both ways, sorry...

3 25.00%
  • This is irrelevant, boring or both.

1 8.33%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 52 of 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol View Post
    People born in the late 50's are the generation without an agenda. We play dumb for older boomers and GenX.
    The greatest rapper in history is a guy in National City, CA named Simmy. He called himself Simmy and the Wrecking Crew. Our other name was the Romance Band.

The last remnant of what used to be the chitlin' circuit was actually run by the Osaka mafia. A lot of gangsters there of Korean ancestry. Maybe half of them. The circuit was Osaka, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore. It was over when they killed the elected godfather of Japan. I guess I'm the last guitar player to be schooled in R&B the old-fashioned way.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program of bull shit.
    I find this fascinating, but way beyond my ability to relate it to the OP.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by princeplanet View Post
    I find this fascinating, but way beyond my ability to relate it to the OP.....
    1985 was a turbulent year for the music underground in California and Japan. I'm not a fan of Wynton. Not the way he carries himself or lectures.
    He can win grammies until the cows come home while other musicians soldier for their shit.

Herbie Hancock is a pioneer.