The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I was looking for a few guitar versions of some standards to listen to, and a number of tracks by Federico Labbiento came up. They are basic tracks with a guitar comping chords and another playing the melody.

They seem decent enough to play along with, but I was curious if they went along with some kind of book series as well that would help put any specific things in context for the different songs that he has included.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like a pretty good beginner list

Anyone familiar with the "Real Book Jazz Guitar Easy Lessons" on Spotify?-img_3986-jpeg

User Info Menu

if you go to the Federico Labbiento's artist page he's got a few "singles" where he's got three tracks for each song - one combined, one rhythm, and one melody / solo

The melody / solo one there's some faint background noise (breathing, feet tapping to the beat, and in some cases you can hear the rhythm track very faintly)

Overall, they seem like a pretty straightforward playing of what's in the Real Book - I plan to try to play along with some of them a bit later and see how it goes.

User Info Menu

I think it could be a great tool for ear training. Learning melody by ear. Probably better than something like this, which I have used as well.