The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 58

User Info Menu

Hey, hi all.

New person here. I am from surgery and I need inspiration for something. So I thought if you could post pictures of your micro amp setups, so I find inspiration somewhere? I am in the process of deciding which tiny amp to buy, and I'm not sure what to do , so I thought if you post pictures of your amps, it would give me idea for something. Thanks again. <3

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-champ-1-jpg
    Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-champ-3-jpg
    Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-champ-6-jpg

User Info Menu

Cheap and cheerful (until I put in a Jensen).
    Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-fb_img_1689160037542-jpg

User Info Menu

My 1x8 favorite amps are as follows:

Fender Vibro Champ
    Fender 57 Champ Reissue
    Gibson GA5 Reissue

Alternatives:

Fender Vibro Champ XD
    Roland Cube 10X

User Info Menu

Similar to mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-polytone-baby-brute-jpg 

User Info Menu

Do you want 8" electric, or 8" acoustic?

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-8-inch-amps-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 06-24-2024 at 10:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos View Post
    Well that's not an 8", but it begs the question: Why won't Henriksen make a Bud 8?
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 06-24-2024 at 10:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-img_1059-jpeg

Fender Champion 20 with genuine handcrafted artisanally curated duct tape cover

User Info Menu

I have the Quilter Aviator gen 1 1x8” Combo. Love It!

Quilter Aviator 8 Guitar Combo Amplifier (100 Watts, 1x8")

User Info Menu

Why 8”? Space or volume constrained?
    I think my AER compact60 is an 8.

Quote Originally Posted by EastwoodMike View Post
    Why 8”? Space or volume constrained?
    I think my AER compact60 is an 8.
    10" combo for sure might be to heavy for me to carry, since I'm from surgery , can't carry that stuff ... So 8" is pretty okey for me. 8" sounds reasonable.

I did saw some of your posts when I did google stuff like " small amps ". Some of your pictures came out as search result.

I really like minimal stuff like " TC Bam 200 + Toob small box ". And stuff like that.

Obviously I have 0 experience with those minimal amps so I thought to come here and ask would be cool.

I will just ask further:

" Celestion TF0818 " is guitar speaker? I saw few people from here use it.
    Also I saw one person using " Eminence Beta 8A " , would that be okey?

I think I might buy Hughes and Kettner Spirit of Vintage head + Orange 1x8" box , and put one of those 2 speakers in it. Would that all be okey?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Do you want 8" electric, or 8" acoustic?
    Electric solid body guitar. Sry for being late, I just saw this post.

Last edited by ScarTissue; 06-25-2024 at 05:45 AM.

User Info Menu

This is my Marshall DSL1CR 1x8" 1-watt Tube Combo.
    Attached Images Attached Images Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-s-2024-06-25-044235-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScarTissue View Post
    10" combo for sure might be to heavy for me to carry, since I'm from surgery , can't carry that stuff ... So 8" is pretty okey for me. 8" sounds reasonable.

I did saw some of your posts when I did google stuff like " small amps ". Some of your pictures came out as search result.

I really like minimal stuff like " TC Bam 200 + Toob small box ". And stuff like that.

Obviously I have 0 experience with those minimal amps so I thought to come here and ask would be cool.

I will just ask further:

" Celestion TF0818 " is guitar speaker? I saw few people from here use it.
    Also I saw one person using " Eminence Beta 8A " , would that be okey?

I think I might buy Hughes and Kettner Spirit of Vintage head + Orange 1x8" box , and put one of those 2 speakers in it. Would that all be okey?

Electric solid body guitar. Sry for being late, I just saw this post.

ah gotcha. Hope your recovery is quick. Some small amps are surprising. I have that bud6 and it is a fair bit heavier than even a 12” toob with a small amp attached. You won’t get much lighter than a quilter superblock and a toob. Plenty of volume on tap. The bam maybe a little dry on its own unless you are heading for a jazz tone. You can always run a tech21 flyrig in front to give you some effects, amp tone and some fun. Or go whole hog with a modeller. But if you’re only after some inspirational fun for not much coin, get a small katana or an amplitude spark.

the speakers you mention I have no personal experience with although I suspect my bud6 has something like the 6”. I hear you need to make sure the speaker cabinet is made/designed right for speakers designed for lots of cone movement.

For what it’s worth my first amp was a tiny Yamaha THR to go with a Strat. Built in effects and amp models.

User Info Menu

Do you want onboard reverb?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Do you want onboard reverb?
    Doesn't need to have one, it's fine without it.

User Info Menu

Mambo 8"

For most gigs i use a preamp with three semi-parametric function tone controls in the chain before the amp to additionally tame some of the lows of the archtops.

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-img_3185-jpg

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-img_3184-jpg

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-img_3183-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57 View Post
    I have the Quilter Aviator gen 1 1x8” Combo. Love It!

Quilter Aviator 8 Guitar Combo Amplifier (100 Watts, 1x8")
    I had one of those and it was fabulous. But I need the versatility of the MicroPro, so I switched.

User Info Menu

How about the Zt Lunchbox reverb, giggable and makes 8' amps look overweight.

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-15755036_800-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alter View Post
    How about the Zt Lunchbox reverb, giggable and makes 8' amps look overweight.
    Not available in my country, I would need to blind buy it without trying .... But I am going to try DV Mark Little Jazz soon. I found DV Mark Little Jazz in one shop. I would need to take a trip to that town ... I could also use info on this one - fan and no fan. Cause I've read that people complain about fan noise and stuff. I'm also more open to that H&K Spirit Vintage idea, so that's why I ask for speakers.

I also did saw one person from here using Vox BC108 cabinet + I think Quilter 101 Reverb head. Any idea who that person is and what speaker is in that Vox BC108?

User Info Menu

I don't own one, but if I ever want to venture into the 8" speaker world again, it'll be this one:

Swart Space Tone SE

Can you show me your 1x8&quot; guitar amp?-swart-jpg

User Info Menu

I have a Quilter micropro 200 8-in, it's light, sounds good, and is loud.

Quote Originally Posted by fep View Post
    I have a Quilter micropro 200 8-in, it's light, sounds good, and is loud.

That combo uses that Celestion speaker I was asking about .. TF0818.

So I assume you like that speaker?

User Info Menu

Hey, hi all. New person here...

User Info Menu

That combo uses that Celestion speaker I was asking about .. TF0818.

So I assume you like that speaker?
    I like the sound, didn't even know what kind of speaker I have.

It has a second extension speaker out and I have a 12" Quilter cabinet if I want to get really loud. My understanding is it adds another 100 watts when you plug in the extension speaker. However, I seldom use my extra speaker cabinet as it is plenty loud without it.