I’ve played through them at
    jam sessions etc
    they have no fan noise problem on the current ones

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    Nice!

How is it better than Champ?
    A little more clean headroom; more of a 3D sound due to a better pine cabinet I am guessing and complex chords had better string to string definition. I am gassing for one but my Headstrong Santa Cruz with a 10” does that and more.

User Info Menu

DV Mark Little Jazz is a very good amp.

The original version had a fan noise problem, but that was changed some years ago. If there's something that looks like a fan cage, that's the old one. If there are just some slit-like openings and no fan cage, that's the new one.

I've had the new one for several years now and I've never heard the fan at all.

The amp sounds very good and is giggable. I find that it is loud enough for a restaurant gig for playing melody, but I can't quite get the clarity I want on chords at that volume. But, I played dozens of gigs with it before I came to that conclusion -- it's subtle.

Overall, I think it's worth considering.

User Info Menu

Now for something completely different. After all, the OP is interested in 8" cabs and has already PM'd me about a particular amp. Here's the latest addition to my Metro line: 8GP. I managed to wrestle the new Jensen Falcon 8 speaker into the slightly undersize 200 mm pipe used for the 6.5" Metros. Hence the orange extension tips in the front closing rims. This 30W speaker has a sensitivity of 96.1 dB vs. the 91-92 dB ballpark of the 6.5" Jensens and SICAs. The cab weighs 2.1 kg/4.6 lbs and is a seriously loud companion to the Quilter SuperBlocks. Only one sold so far, to Nashville of all places. I suspect the happy owner's genre is rock 'n' roll. One of my Finnish test pilots used the prototype on a few jazz gigs and was reluctant to return it. Placing the SuperBlock lengthwise on the amp dock is ideal for connections and access to controls.
    Attached Images Attached Images Can you show me your 1x8" guitar amp?-toob-metro-8gp-sbus-jpg 

I didn't want to bump 4 - 5 years old topic so ..... Hope it wasn't odd. And once again , thank you for info on the head.

And this Quilter stuff gave me idea ... Poweramp in a pedal + preamp pedal .... But not likely I'll go that route. But your setup is cool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScarTissue View Post

And this Quilter stuff gave me idea ... Poweramp in a pedal + preamp pedal .... But not likely I'll go that route. But your setup is cool.
    well that becomes a rabbit hole fast. But if it intrigues you- then consider a modeller into a headrush 8” powered speaker.

have you seen the victory v4 pedal platform amps? Light weight, tube preamp, many flavours of gain/style. I think there are 5 different models depending on what you want to play. You could even play silent. Pair this with any cab going forward. As you recover and your needs change, this solution could feed most any speaker option that exists.

People started putting amps and speakers into separate cabinets because combined they were starting to get too heavy to move. (Think Marshall stack vs Fender twin). If moving weight is your primary motive for small, pedal amps are a good option.
    good luck and enjoy the search!
    michael.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScarTissue View Post
    If you want a pedal preamp that runs the full spectrum...

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    If you want a pedal preamp that runs the full spectrum...

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
    Well, in that case I thought about EHX Magnum 44 poweramp and that TC Electronic Fender in a box type of stuff preamp.
    That should work direct into a mini cab.