The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow-gl6-jpgG&L ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow-gl3-jpgG&L ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow-gl2-jpgG&L ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow-gl1-jpgG&L ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow-gl5-jpgG&L ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow-gl4-jpg

This has a carved maple top and a semi-hollow solid mahogany body. The fretboard is ebony. Pickups are SD 59 and JB with coil split toggle switch. It's about 6 lbs as a guess. The build quality is excellent, as with other G&Ls I've had from Fullerton.

I bought this without having tried it. Reviews from others weren't helpful, as often is the case with a guitar often used for rock and blues. They ranged from blah and boring to rich, warm, and sparkley. You'll find similar reviews of 335s, LPs, and more. My opinion is that it is pretty light without the SG neck dive problem, the controls are easy to use, it's comfortable, and it sounds very good. I have no complaints. The semi-hollows cannot have a "tummy carve". That doesn't bother me.

You can imagine the tone is fuller than a typical Tele. The coil split works better than I thought, providing a nice, usable sound.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very cool - congrats! G&L's are excellent guitars!

User Info Menu

curious as to the weight on something like this?

Edit: ah I see you mentioned around 6lbs. I really love my Dano (avatar) it’s a little over 6lbs but very resonant unplugged which is how I do a fair amount of my playing around the house.

But I’m always gassing for another Tele!

I imagine your G&L has a nice unplugged sound as well.
    Last edited by alltunes; 09-14-2024 at 10:13 AM.

User Info Menu

That’s a seriously wonderful Tele. By the time he started G&L, Leo had left his miserly ways behind. With high quality parts, excellent workmanship, beautiful finishes etc, G&Ls really raised the bar for factory built Fenders. Enjoy it !!

User Info Menu

Wonderful Guitar! Just could never bond with their thinner neck shapes. Tried several times,,and even tried custom order with them to no avail.

User Info Menu

Leave it to you to find the best looking ASAT I've ever seen. Congratulations! That's a beauty.

User Info Menu

Congrats, may she inspire your playing for many years to come!