The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi !

Just a question here, I play in the big band, my bass amp is heavy and loud, I posted something in bass forums but everyone had an opinion how to get this or that ignoring I wasn't in a very modern big band or a heavy metal band.

So have you ever heard about it ?

Markbass Micromark 801 – Thomann France
    Last edited by Lionelsax; 09-15-2024 at 01:47 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've sent you a PM.

User Info Menu

That's a very small speaker and very low wattage, really meant more as a practice amp or something for low volume rehearsals. If you're just looking for a very slight increase in volume for your upright I think it would work. If you're relying on the amp for more volume I don't think this would be enough.

User Info Menu

I've been using a Markbass 1X12 combo for several years now with a big band using my Fender P bass. Has worked great and not heavy at all ... to me.

Here is the latest version.

Markbass Bass Combo Amplifiers | Guitar Center

MINI CMD 121 P V – Markbass

Only about 26lbs or 12 kilos.

Their new cabinets are amazingly light.

User Info Menu

Back when I made a living off of selling music equipment, this was my favourite bass amplifier. It's loud enough for club gigs, I ended up getting a deal on one for my dad. It's an excellent and simple amp. If I ever ended up gigging as a bassist, I would get this myself and just have the DI out for the sound personnel.