The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Had been thinking about obtaining a Henriksen Bud 10 for those small gigs where I don't want to even bring the Bose system to cover guitar and vocals. I stumbled upon a used Genzler Acoustic Array Pro in mint condition at my local GC, so I brought it home for the evaluation period. I am completely blown away by how good my 7 string sounds through this thing. It's a tiny bit bigger than a Bud 10 and 7 pounds heavier, coming in at 27lbs. Has a speaker stand cup built in underneath and a few more output configurations. Pretty much the same configuration on the input side, with a couple exceptions.

I'd like to try this against a Bud 10, but the only way to do that is to buy one and ship it back on my dime if I don't like it. Anyone ever try both of these amps side by side, or owned both at one time or another? I'd be interested in your experience.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have owned several Genzlers. I started with the Compak 300.

I now have both of the AA's, (the Pro and the Mini). I REALLY like them. I also have a Bud, but it's the newer Bud 6. I too would like to try a Bud 10 to compare, but as you say, it's hard. I have seen some used AA pro's at very nice prices.

User Info Menu

Henricksen has a 30 day money back guarantee. Also, a Bud 6 will easily handle your 7string low end. It handles mine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post
    Henricksen has a 30 day money back guarantee. Also, a Bud 6 will easily handle your 7string low end. It handles mine.
    I know about their guarantee, so I’m not worried about losing the purchase money, just the return shipping. Based on the reviews I’ve read and heard, I’m sure the Henriksen performs great. It’s just that I found this Genzler, which seems pretty darn good and wish I could A/B the two without paying for return shipping.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post
    It might be able to just "handle it," but The Bud 6 is not nearly in the same league as the AA Pro for fullness and range. Or the AA Mini, for that matter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    The Bud 6 is not in the same league as the AA Pro for fullness and range.
    I am thoroughly impressed with this AA Pro. Full disclosure, I didn’t even know they existed until I first stumbled upon this one. I did know about Genzler’s Genz Benz amps that were out a while back, but those were a different type of amp. I figured I’d try this and I am very pleased. Just wondered why I haven’t seen a head to head comparison between the Bud 10 and the AA Pro as they cover the same territory.

User Info Menu

For what it's worth, I had a Fishman Loudbox Artist to try for a month to compare to the AA Mini. (Both 8" woofs.) The Fishman had a few features that made it a bit more flexible for multiple instruments, but for sound/tone, The Genzler wins hands-down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    It might be able to just "handle it," but The Bud 6 is not nearly in the same league as the AA Pro for fullness and range. Or the AA Mini, for that matter.
    ps - That's why it would be nice to compare the AA Pro to the Bud 10. Both have 10" woofs.