The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey Jazzers,

Just received this dream guitar a couple of days ago. It's been crafted by Daniel Slaman. Here are some pics done by Daniel Himself.

Slaman Super 400 with CC pickup-pic2-jpgSlaman Super 400 with CC pickup-pic3-jpgSlaman Super 400 with CC pickup-pic4-jpg

It's been years that I was looking for a S400 with a CC pickup, but there are not so many around. I've tried one a few years ago from a batch of a dozen of CCS400 made by Gibson around year 2k, but I wasn't convinced. My dream specs were uncut: (who needs a cutaway ) , strong acoustic voice, and modern playability. Daniel was inspired by a prewar S400 acoutic model with a short scale (24" 3/4) to make that one, and it can't be better than this, acoustic or amplified.

Here is a demo where I'm trying to squeeze out the warm tone of it. I'll probably commit some other videos just with acoustic tone.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Fred Archtop; Yesterday at 02:34 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks and sounds just great Fred, enjoy that one!
    I still regret not buying a non cut prewar Super retrofitted w a CC many moons ago
    I think it was this one.

User Info Menu

Congrats! Slaman is highly regarded and although I've not had the opportunity to play one, they always sound great in videos. Yours is no exception! Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Super Sweet !!! Both the guitar and the tone.

User Info Menu

Man, that's awesome!

User Info Menu

Congratulations Fred! There’s nothing like the tone of a big box!