The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I guess I'm late to this game but I really want to try one of these. The US price is $499 ($699 for the Deluxe version) and in talented hands, it sounds just great. I love the switching system and the complete lack of effort to hide the industrial shortcuts that went into this guitar. Every review seems to say the same thing: unbelievable how the guitar can be this good for this price. There's also a HumxHum version and the Deluxe is the SxSxH with a Mustang style trem, a matching headstock and a few other upgrades.

I'm definitely planning to try one this week.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thank you -- Guild Surfliner Deluxe review | Guitar World

There are always interesting new guitars coming out, here's another one that looks good -- Sire Larry Carlton T7TM Guitar

That's the other thing, whenever a new highly publicized guitar comes out, lots of people go out and buy one, then decide it doesn't suit them, whereupon they sell it and the market gets flooded with "like new" guitars sold at discount prices.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Yeah, the Sires are getting good reviews, I think they were originally made in Korea but now they're made in Indonesia.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen View Post
    There are but there are some features on the Surfliner that I really like, especially the tilt back peg head and the toggle switches. It also has a bit of a different sound, not quite Tele and very not Strat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway View Post
    There are but there are some features on the Surfliner that I really like, especially the tilt back peg head and the toggle switches. It also has a bit of a different sound, not quite Tele and very not Strat.
    Sorry, I wasn’t trying to sway you. I was just participating in Mick’s thread hijacking.

The surfliner is really cool. At $300 used I might even try one.