The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

If anyone can tell me anything about this KA pickup I would me extremely grateful. I'm guessing it's one of the handwounds.
    The seller wants 100 quid for the assembly. TIA
    KA PAF info please-ka-paf-0t-fr-jpgKA PAF info please-ka-paf-0t-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This looks like a well made pickguard assembly, the Kent Armstrongs PU's sound fine and i find the price very moderate. The only thing - the PU has no adjustable polepieces which is fine if you intend to play at low volumes, but when it needs to be louder there's no possibility to even out the volume balance of the individual strings by adjusting them (polepieces).

User Info Menu

I would love to find a unit like that for one of my instruments.

User Info Menu

It may be once of the cheaper knock-offs, maybe not. But with that nice assembly, I'd say it's still a good buy.

Kent Armstrong Handwound Series Side Mount PAF Style Humbucker Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    It may be once of the cheaper knock-offs, maybe not. But with that nice assembly, I'd say it's still a good buy.

Kent Armstrong Handwound Series Side Mount PAF Style Humbucker Pickup
    Do the cheaper knockoffs have the KA sticker with hand written model on the underside? They dont show it on the website.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy View Post
    Do the cheaper knockoffs have the KA sticker with hand written model on the underside? They dont show it on the website.
    I have two "Sky" KA knockoffs, one with pole pieces, the other without, and there's no hand writing.

User Info Menu

The knock-offs don't say "KA" or "Kent Armstrong" at all, and the chinese made ones on the lower tier Eastman's say "Kent Armstrong Designed" . That looks to me like an original.

Cheers,
    Arnie..

User Info Menu

Doesn’t that look like a Campellone pick guard and pickup? Heck, the pick guard alone is worth $100! Heard of inflation?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie65 View Post
    The knock-offs don't say "KA" or "Kent Armstrong" at all, and the chinese made ones on the lower tier Eastman's say "Kent Armstrong Designed" . That looks to me like an original.

Cheers,
    Arnie..
    Would you know the meaning of the hand written OT or is it 0T?
    I've seen one with just O (or 0!). I actually bought it from ebay some years ago but then had a message that it was stolen!! and had a refund. THB I think it was listed again for more money but didn't see it in time. It was very fishy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy View Post
    Would you know the meaning of the hand written OT or is it 0T?
    I've seen one with just O (or 0!). I actually bought it from ebay some years ago but then had a message that it was stolen!! and had a refund. THB I think it was listed again for more money but didn't see it in time. It was very fishy!
    It looks to be the model number nomenclature, you can call Kent and ask him (802-843-1065)

Cheers,
    Arnie...