The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A friend has received this Hopf archtop from her late father. She didn’t think much of it, but to me it seems quite a good guitar. Spruce top suggests that this was one pf the better models. I haven’t played it yet so I don’t know the shape it’s in, but the pics look promising.

Any thoughts?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks great for the age! New roundwounds will reveal the acoustic sound. You are in the best position to judge it.

User Info Menu

Found a suitable text module: "Congrats, may she inspire your playing for many years to come!" LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Head View Post
    Found a suitable text module: "Congrats, may she inspire your playing for many years to come!" LOL
    That "text module" as you call it, is a sincere expression of good wishes uttered on occasion by one of our esteemed members. Your characterization and the added "LOL" might be viewed as a lack of respect.

User Info Menu

I’m interested to hear what you think. There’s one almost exactly like that on my local Facebook marketplace.

User Info Menu

That looks like a Fasan archtop with a Hopf tailpiece. Same difference - a mid-level 16"+ archtop with a solid spruce top (pressed or carved), laminated back and rims.