The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192
Posts 2,276 to 2,280 of 2280

User Info Menu

Mine still gets a lot of love. My 2022 Whitfill Custom.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-whitfill2-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive View Post
    OK fine, here's my new Japanese 72' Traditional Thinline. I only play thinlines, they are light, look cool, sound great. This has chunky U shape neck profile, and 41mm nut width! Thank you Fender Japan for making the best necks!

I can add that teles are the best jazz guitars... but only if they have a chunky neck. Thin necks teles don't cut it for jazz tone, no matter what pickups or how much you turn the tone knob. Just don't have it.

This one is the best jazz tone guitar I ever had. I'm sure the humbuckers help too.
    Attachment 115536
    Are these cunife Wide Ranges? Some people seem to dislike these for jazz. How do you like them?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moita View Post
    Are these cunife Wide Ranges? Some people seem to dislike these for jazz. How do you like them?
    I'm pretty sure it's not CuNiFe. It's made in Japan, they do alnico in Wide Range clothes. But it's not THAT different... I couldn't care less though, it's a great sounding pickup, and it's better for jazz than anything I've heard so far in teles. Humbucker is always a superior for jazz than a single coil (except P90s), so I wonder who'd dislike the authentic WR? Some weird people out there!

User Info Menu

New member here, I’ve been lurking awhile though.

I just put together this kit I got off Amazon, a Bexgears Thinline Telecaster for $139. I did have to upgrade the pickups as the ones it came with were bad, I went with Fender Vintage 50’s Vintera for $100, so I am in it for $240.

The kit went together quite easily, finish is just OK, I’m no expert, I just dyed it and finished with poly. From any distance away it looks great, but close up shows flaws, (there is nothing wrong with the kit, just my lack of skill).

Right out of the gate, it plays and sounds fantastic, it may be my best guitar. The neck feels great, even though it is thinner than what I would have chosen, l got used to it in about 30 seconds.

Only problem spot is one pesky high fret that I can’t seem to level, just needs a little more work. I’ve been learning as I go, but the frets otherwise were great. I assume that the tuners won’t last, but so far they are fine. I have been wanting another Tele for 30 years, I can’t put it down.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_0620-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_0622-jpg 

User Info Menu

Took my DIY 50ies inspired Tele to a blues jam. Unsurprisingly it felt right at home…