The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

View Poll Results: How many gits do you own?

Voters
439. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Real players only need one

18 4.10%
  • 2-5 I One home, a couple for giggin, y'know

166 37.81%
  • 6-20 Did wifey see the last new one?

215 48.97%
  • 21-50 I think I need an intervention

30 6.83%
  • 50+ Crap, I need a bigger house.

10 2.28%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Posts 201 to 207 of 207

User Info Menu

How Many Guitars Do You Own?-screen-shot-2024-06-19-10-28-43-am-png

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have 24 guitars. My wife doesn't care.
    How Many Guitars Do You Own?-2024-06-22-024541-jpg

User Info Menu

As my 69th birthday gig is coming up in a few weeks , I thought I'd indulge in something just for the artistry .

a Teye E-Series Electric Gypsy la india Azteca

A disciple of the late Tony Zemaits , Teije Wijnterp had Tony make him a pearl top, and he's continued the hand made tradition , first in Austin , now in Nashville.

When I saw this particular one I just lost it , the Aztec engravings and turqoise are just off the charts , and the Shipwreck ( aka "Sinker" ) mahogany back and neck look mightyHow Many Guitars Do You Own?-azteca-jpgHow Many Guitars Do You Own?-back-close-jpg cool . They are most definetly odd ball , not for everyone .. but they do have a VERY cool tone pallete and you know it will be an object of conversation every where ...

24 fret ebony , Lollar Imperials . 5 way switch yields : Neck / Neck split+Bridge/ Neck + Bridge/ Neck +Bridge out of phase/ Bridge

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    As my 69th birthday gig is coming up in a few weeks , I thought I'd indulge in something just for the artistry .

a Teye E-Series Electric Gypsy la india Azteca

A disciple of the late Tony Zemaits , Teije Wijnterp had Tony make him a pearl top, and he's continued the hand made tradition , first in Austin , now in Nashville.

When I saw this particular one I just lost it , the Aztec engravings and turqoise are just off the charts , and the Shipwreck ( aka "Sinker" ) mahogany back and neck look mightyHow Many Guitars Do You Own?-azteca-jpgHow Many Guitars Do You Own?-back-close-jpg cool . They are most definetly odd ball , not for everyone .. but they do have a VERY cool tone pallete and you know it will be an object of conversation every where ...

24 fret ebony , Lollar Imperials . 5 way switch yields : Neck / Neck split+Bridge/ Neck + Bridge/ Neck +Bridge out of phase/ Bridge

We go round once in life. Enjoy what makes you happy!

Beautiful unique axe indeed! You can’t go wrong with Lollars that can take you from rock to jazz. I have them on several guitars.

Pickups are very personal, but I found the DiMarzio 36th Anniversary to sound as good as my Lollar Imperials, at half the price. I have to thank Chuck D’Aloia for recommending these to me. Just a FYI.

Have fun at your 69th B’day gig!

User Info Menu

Thanks , Larry D makes great pickups . I've built with pickups from several boutique builders as well .. it all comes down to how the luthier brings it all together. Fralin, Lollar, Duncan,Harmonic Designs, Bartolini, TV Jones as well Di Marzio's all make delicious models.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Thanks , Larry D makes great pickups . I've built with pickups from several boutique builders as well .. it all comes down to how the luthier brings it all together. Fralin, Lollar, Duncan,Harmonic Designs, Bartolini, TV Jones as well Di Marzio's all make delicious models.
    That is very true. There are subtleties that are different between similar type pickups giving them their unique voice.

A good luthier will select one that will complement the intended voice of the instrument he/she is building.

User Info Menu

That has always been the fun part about building custom instruments for artists.
    Trying to bring the sound in their head, the look in thier heart, and the budget in their wallet ... into happy harmony