The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz View Post
    The thing i don't get is all the hate on guitar forums for PRS.People complain about guitars from overseas and you have this great builder here in the U.S. building fine sounding ,beautiful guitars.On top of that i think their quality control is much better than Gibson or Fender.It's ok to love a PRS and Les Paul which i do.
    Yep, and Yamaha doesn't seem to get the hate that PRS gets for some reason. The Yamaha RS series are another guitar to consider in favor of a Les Paul.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have a few 24 fret models ( Carlos Santana signatures) no issues .

With 51 instruments and weekly gigs, while I have favorites , it all comes down to what fits the night.

For Jazz nights I stick with my H575-C Les Paul vs PRS-om3s-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar View Post

So, I'm asking. Does this node position thing really matter?
    Only if you want to play natural harmonics when using the neck pickup. It's the ONLY thing I dislike about teles: the neck pickups are under the node, so no natural harmonics on the neck pickup.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar View Post
    Just a small point.

If the guitar has 24 frets, the neck pickup isn't under the node.

I don't know if that's a big deal or not. Maybe it depends on how you use open strings?

But, I have read that the reason the L5S (the solid body) didn't sell well is that the pickup was not under the node. Putting it under the node would have eliminated the pointy end of the fingerboard.

So, I'm asking. Does this node position thing really matter?
    The node thing is a red herring. The issue with a 24-fret neck is that it forces the pickup to be positioned further back toward the neck, which gives it a different (brighter) sound than you get with the typical position in a neck with fewer frets. I had a 24-fret Les Paul (Studio DC) for a long time, and it simply could not get the typical fat LP neck pickup tone.