The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 75 of 75
    All masked up, ready for finish work -

L-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0559-jpegL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0560-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    All masked up, ready for finish work -
    Even for the most highly skilled luck is always called-for.
    Good luck Vin!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    Even for the most highly skilled luck is always called-for.
    Good luck Vin!
    It’s not my guitar but would love to have it after it was raised from the dead. I would name it Lazarus.

User Info Menu

I love seeing this repair/reconstruction stuff. If I wasn't already so old, I think I could really get into it. Fascinating documentation. Bravo, Mark! I'm so thankful there are still some great craftsmen left on the planet. Hopefully, there will be folks apprenticed to do this for future generations. I like to think that wherever there is a need, there will be someone to rise and fill the void.

Got the stinger done - as usual for this repair, I have to make the stinger longer to cover the extended rear veneer. In the close-up shot, you can see that flexible pin-striping tape is used to outline the actual shape, then regular masking tape to mask off the rest -

L-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0506-jpegL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0507-jpegL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0508-jpegL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0509-jpeg

User Info Menu

Getting a bit confused about the who's who in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Getting a bit confused about the who's who in this thread!
    I am the poster and Mark C. is doing the repair work.
    Thought it would be interesting to see a busted up (not mine) L-5 brought back to glory.

User Info Menu

I am the poster and Mark C. is doing the repair work.
    I did notice you're the poster boy but is it possible that Mark is also writing the posts in question?

User Info Menu

Vinny is his press secretary, and he does a much better job than the usual suspects we have to listen too daily in higher positions. If i was running for office I think Vinny would be the best option. Clearly Mark C has a better grip on the situation than most.

User Info Menu

Maybe Mark is emailing Vin, and Vin is posting those pics with a bit of cut and paste text. EG: #39.
    Sometimes Mark is posting directly.

Whatever this is, or however it's being done I'm glad it's happening. Most interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Maybe Mark is emailing Vin, and Vin is posting those pics with a bit of cut and paste text. EG: #39.
    Sometimes Mark is posting directly.

Whatever this is, or however it's being done I'm glad it's happening. Most interesting!
    Exactly correct.

User Info Menu

Exactly correct.
    That's what I figured (after a few of such posts!), but a less discerning reader might think there are 2 people doing repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    That's what I figured (after a few of such posts!), but a less discerning reader might think there are 2 people doing repairs.
    The title of this post was very specific Sir.

L-5 repair by Mark Campellone

User Info Menu

Since when do threads never get piggybacked (or why would I be certain that Mark doesn't have employees who work with/for him)?

User Info Menu

Very cool tread Vinny and Mark!
    Thank you! Sure is a pleasure to see the pictures and process from when the patient first arrived in the ER!

Dr.Campellone saves another life.

L-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0486-jpegL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0487-jpeg

User Info Menu

Dr.Campellone saves another life.

L-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0486-jpegL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0487-jpeg
    Finally getting to the final stages of the job - spraying the clear nitro coats on the top and neck/peghead - then some sanding, buffing, re-installing hardware, and this beauty will be put back into service : )

I wish I had a Hollywood connection. A “Building of a Archtop” by Mark Campellone movie needs to be made like the one made on Jimmy D.
    We could have Marco (Stringswinger) do the live show part in the movie.

User Info Menu

Is this lovely beast eventually going up for sale? Not that I NEEEED another L5...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yebdox
    Is this lovely beast eventually going up for sale? Not that I NEEEED another L5...
    The guitar is being repaired for its current owner and will go back to him once it's done -

User Info Menu

Finally, L5 rescue completed

L-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0157-jpgL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0159-jpgL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0161-jpgL-5 Repair by Mark Campellone-img_0164-jpg

SAAAAWEEEET !

User Info Menu

Wonder the cost. Nice and worth it regardless.

User Info Menu

If I never saw the Before photos, I would be inclined to say "What repair?".

User Info Menu

Just beautiful. Fantastic work!