The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

As it says.....looking to date my guitar!
    Serial# is PE3016xxx

.....a bit of searching suggests that PE03.....would give 2003 as the year....so I'm confused.
    Any thoughts please??
    Kev/Leeds/UK

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKevster View Post
    Serial# is PE3016xxx

.....a bit of searching suggests that PE03.....would give 2003 as the year....so I'm confused.
    Any thoughts please??
    Kev/Leeds/UK
    Any help.............?

David

Peerless guitars

Peerless
    “Actually we started to produce guitars in 1970 and Peerless brand also was born at the same time, but we focused on OEM at that time. We have tried to concentrate on our own brand, Peerless a few years ago and do our best to make the best guitars and let people to know the Peerless name as many as. The brand is getting well-known brand in Europe, UK, US and Australia.
    The factory is located in Gimhae, South Korea and the head office is in Busan, Korea.
    All guitars are made in Gimhae factory.
    Guitar dating
    We use the serial number as PA0901001 and PE0901001. PA is PeerlessAcoustic and PE is PeerlessElectric, 09 is year, 01 is month and 001 is the order of output schedule. For example of PA0903122, this guitar is acoustic and planed to produce as 122th in March. ”
    [Source: Seo Young Lee (Min) / Sales Manager Peerless Guitars, email 25/3/2009]

User Info Menu

Thanks David....I'd found similar info. myself!

Problem is.....my serial has PE30.....not PE03....which'd be 2003

Hhhhmmmmmm

User Info Menu

... Problem is.....my serial has PE30.....not PE03....which'd be 2003 ...
    You probably haven't made the following mistake, but I have, so I'll just put it out there.

When copying down the serial number of a device, I transposed a couple of numbers. Thereafter when I used the serial number from the transcription I got it wrong. Eventually I went back to the device, re-read the serial number and discovered my blunder.

Just as a check, maybe go back to the guitar and re-read the serial number.

Of course, another possibility is that the person stamping the serial number made a blunder and transposed the zero and three, but I can't think of a way to verify that.

User Info Menu

Thanks David....I'd found similar info. myself!

Problem is.....my serial has PE30.....not PE03....which'd be 2003

Hhhhmmmmmm
    Same as my Renaissance Custom; PE30xxxx... I cant make any sense of the serial number, other than it's a serial number.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux View Post
    Same as my Renaissance Custom; PE30xxxx... I cant make any sense of the serial number, other than it's a serial number.
    Hooooray!!!...... I'm not the only one then!! ...thought I must be goin' crackers!!

Surprised that no-one's chimed in with a definitive answer really......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dconeill View Post
    You probably haven't made the following mistake, but I have, so I'll just put it out there.

When copying down the serial number of a device, I transposed a couple of numbers. Thereafter when I used the serial number from the transcription I got it wrong. Eventually I went back to the device, re-read the serial number and discovered my blunder.

Just as a check, maybe go back to the guitar and re-read the serial number.

Of course, another possibility is that the person stamping the serial number made a blunder and transposed the zero and three, but I can't think of a way to verify that.
    Thanks....I'd considered that a while back....but it's PE3016xxx on both label, and back of headstock!!

I've emailed ssmguitars@gmail.com (who now 'own' Peerless it seems!) ....but no reply yet.
    Last edited by MisterKevster; 06-17-2024 at 01:44 PM. Reason: emphasis

User Info Menu

Have you tried a nice bottle of wine, a bouquet of flowers and complementing it on its shoes?

User Info Menu

Pics would be helpful.

Not because it would help me put a date on your guitar, I just think Peerless Jazz City's are great looking guitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    Pics would be helpful.

Not because it would help me put a date on your guitar, I just think Peerless Jazz City's are great looking guitars
    Here you go......

Attached Images Attached Images Help me date my Peerless Jazz City please-img_20240610_161322-jpg 

User Info Menu

The u/l method is awful.....not prepared to post 1 by 1....

Trying Imgur links....

Last edited by MisterKevster; 06-15-2024 at 03:49 PM.

User Info Menu

It's getting late where I am, but that's one of the lookingest archtops lately. Successful dating! I've said it before: my Peerless-built -99 Emperor Regent will be the last guitar to leave the house.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug View Post
    It's getting late where I am, but that's one of the lookingest archtops lately. Successful dating! I've said it before: my Peerless-built -99 Emperor Regent will be the last guitar to leave the house.
    Thanks.....it's a lovely thing!
    Thinking of selling (hence the attempt at finding date of manufacture!)....and curious to know....especially from members that are UK side of the pond.....what a sensible asking price might be?

User Info Menu

Serial# is PE3016xxx
    ....but it's PE30xxxxx on both label, and back of headstock!!
    Is there a reason why you're not providing us with the full serial number? Also, none of your pictures show the serial number. Perhaps this additional information might help with the dating. Lovely guitar, btw.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink View Post
    Is there a reason why you're not providing us with the full serial number? Also, none of your pictures show the serial number. Perhaps this additional information might help with the dating. Lovely guitar, btw.
    No reason....other than an understanding that it was best practice not to divulge serials online!

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

A common enough thought, mainly that arose on eBay to prevent scam lookalike auctions. I'm not sure how much difference it makes- it's not personal information that can be used in identity theft, after all.

User Info Menu

OP, You have not provided sufficient background information to answer your question. In addition to the incomplete serial number (which would help answer your question), you did not say how long you've owned the guitar and what year you presume it was manufactured?

"an understanding that it was best practice not to divulge serials online!"

It is among shady online sellers, yes.

Here's another forum thread on this topic. It appears the first two serial number digits will not help you date the guitar as they do not refer to the year of manufacture.

Peerless MT Virtuoso Serial

User Info Menu

No reason....other than an understanding that it was best practice not to divulge serials online!
    Thanks for the explanation and good luck.

User Info Menu

Quite a few of the Peerless guitars on the Guitars 'n Jazz website have serial # starting with 300 or 301

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux View Post
    Quite a few of the Peerless guitars on the Guitars 'n Jazz website have serial # starting with 300 or 301
    Yup..... finding more of 'em now!
    Waiting with baited breath for a reply from Peeless now ... hahaha ?

User Info Menu

Yup..... finding more of 'em now!
    Waiting with baited breath for a reply from Peeless now ... hahaha ?
    It might be worth contacting the owner of Guitars 'n Jazz. Also Doc Dosco although he seems to be somewhat inactive here.