The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am preparing to place my order for a Benedetto Bravo and am on the fence with my finish choice. I really love the Honeyblonde/Espresso but how visible is the wood grain on the Espresso finish. The pictures on the website really do not show much. First time poster and any information is greatly appreciated.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rbmcneil
    I am preparing to place my order for a Benedetto Bravo and am on the fence with my finish choice. I really love the Honeyblonde/Espresso but how visible is the wood grain on the Espresso finish. The pictures on the website really do not show much. First time poster and any information is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your pending order. I gig out with my 1990 Benedetto Cremona built by Bob. I've played a few of the Savannah built instruments and you are in for a real treat. I've encountered a Bravo with the Honey/Expresso finish and could easily see the grain under the Expresso finish. Of course this is totally subjective, however I thought it was a beautiful combo.
    One thing I might mention, Howard Paul and his team are very responsive to questions and concerns regarding orders. If you have not already done so, I would contact the shop and have them send you detailed photos of your choice. If you are concerned the Expresso is too dark for your taste, they may be able to lighten it up.
    Play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Awesome, thank you for the information. I called the shop yesterday and they were very helpful.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum and please do a NGD when your beauty arrives.