The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So speaking of etudes I purchased this book (link below) by Adam Levy. Mine did not come with a CD and even if it did it would not be of much use. So an internet search turned up not one example of anyone playing an etude from the book. As a matter of fact I stumbled upon a YT video by Adam Levy where he addresses sight reading books for guitarists and he doesn’t even mention his own book!

I do like the book…simple little etudes (lots of blues) in various fretboard positions and some standards.

Anybody else work with this book? Have you found any audio or video examples online? Just curious as to how others have interpreted these pieces.

Amazon.com

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Are the 2 pages with some actual scores that Amazon show in the preview representative for the rest of the book?

(I remember spending hours in dedicated sheet music stores leafing through books; I understand why internet book stores can't offer that same service but it's really missing!)

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Are the 2 pages with some actual scores that Amazon show in the preview representative for the rest of the book?

(I remember spending hours in dedicated sheet music stores leafing through books; I understand why internet book stores can't offer that same service but it's really missing!)
    that is the first section but later in the books there are rhythm change etudes and some longer etudes over standards and a few duets...

I like it an it was like $10

User Info Menu

Amazon has another listing for used copies of the book that include the CD, but the publisher's copies are new:

Jazz Guitar Sight-Reading: Guitar Book & CD - Amazon.com

Jazz Guitar Sight-Reading: Guitar Book & CD - Alfred Music