The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi everyone hope we are all well ^^

i was just wondering if anyone had any interesting Emily Remler things to share I’ve been so enjoying learning softly as a morning sunrise lately and working my way through all her work an just so totally inspiring n taste of honey always gets the tears going thats for sure such feels.

Any other Emily Fans?

Lucy

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You mean like transcriptions? I have this book around somewhere, will have to look for it.
    Mel Bay Presents Emily Remler Retrospective "Compositions" - Amazon.com

User Info Menu

Incredible. Super original voice while ALSO being maybe the only person who could fool you into thinking she was Wes.

User Info Menu

Just one of my favorite quotes about Jazz ever:

Nothing is corny if it swings.
    --Emily Remler

User Info Menu

Do you already know the interview Ben Sidran did with her and Larry Coryell?

Larry Coryell - Emily Remler | Ben Sidran | Talking Jazz

Her live gig at MIT?

The recordings of her teaching?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pamosmusic View Post
    Incredible. Super original voice while ALSO being maybe the only person who could fool you into thinking she was Wes.
    Tonight at the weekly jam session at Munich's Unterfahrt bassist Ida Koch who hosted the session choose tribute to Wes as theme for the host gig of her quartet which contained her companion in life, Elias Prinz on guitar. Definitely a name to remember, fantastic player and he sounded totally like Wes though I heard him say afterwards that his thumb did hurt

User Info Menu

I am a fan of Emily Remler. I have a couple of her recordings and her video lessons. I find her playing inspirational.