The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

anyone using AI to make backing tracks...i tried Moises..works like a dream..

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

LALAL.ai also works well on certain things. I used it for a few Wes tunes

whats my interest in this...always wanted to play with a big band ..solos......Frank has to go..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxo
    would you share your work around, how you create them?
    TIA

i just play myself...not sharing...did check the legalilty..been passed...so were ok.....playing with the Nelson Riddle orchestra is something else..anythings possible now...lol

User Info Menu

Hate that the tools want a monthly fee.. probably hell to unsubscribe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    Hate that the tools want a monthly fee.. probably hell to unsubscribe.
    If I recall, LALAL.ai gives a 10 minute free trial and only deducts for the amount of time actually used. I paid $35 and got something like 500 minutes. It only took around 3 minutes to process a Wes tune and that's deducted from your total minutes. Go to the website and it's explained. I've not tried Moises.
    You have to be selective about what you want removed - for instance, I took Wes' guitar off of a Herb Alpert tune called "Winds of Barcelona" from the 'California Dreaming' album and it worked real well as it also did on "California Dreaming", telling the program to remove the electric guitar. You then get an Mp3 of just the orchestra and another of just Wes. I tried it on "One For My Baby" and had to tell it to remove the acoustic guitar as his tone for a little lower in that one. I also tried it on a Ventures tune called "Blue Dawn" and told it to remove the electric guitar and it failed miserably - too many electric guitars in one place, I guess. I need to work with it some more, but there are definite possibilities for those of us who like to practice with tracks.

it works..just removed Scott Hamilton tenor sax...so i can play his solos over the track...best ever practise method...emulate the tenor sax players..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Ellis
    If I recall, LALAL.ai gives a 10 minute free trial and only deducts for the amount of time actually used. I paid $35 and got something like 500 minutes..
    Only looked at the terms for Moise. Should have also checked LALAL before complaining about subscriptions. Also, I don't know that their subscription would be hard to cancel, but that would be typical of the business model.

I'm still using iReal without problem. If I need something more specific, these tools would be interesting since I already have most tunes I would play on CD.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxo
    i tried it on benson's body talk and it was unable to discern between keyboard and guitar. Put them both on the same track

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    i tried it on benson's body talk and it was unable to discern between keyboard and guitar. Put them both on the same track
    Yeah, sorta like my problem with the Ventures track; also had to fool it with Wes's 'One For My Baby'. Whatever you're trying to remove needs to be pretty 'out front' or it gets confused. I've got a bunch of minutes left - I should spend some more time with it.