The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Very nice Barrington BGW400 for sale. I picked this up on Craigslist a while back but have too many arch tops and it's just not getting played. The guy I bought it from told me it belonged to his uncle and had been in storage for years and was hardly played. Virtually flawless. Spruce top, beautiful flamed maple back and sides, ebony board. Under 3" deep, very comfortable to play set up with .011 flats, very low action, plays evenly up and down the board. I know someone on this forum will love it, please contact me for more info. $1200 +shipping CONUS only
    Attached Images Attached Images Barrington BGW400-20240505_162453-jpg Barrington BGW400-20240505_162833-jpg Barrington BGW400-20240505_162519-jpg Barrington BGW400-20240505_162727-jpg Barrington BGW400-20240505_161636-jpg Barrington BGW400-20240505_161851-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I owned the exact same guitar 30 years ago. It was a terrific guitar and one that I have a lot of fond memories of. I have no idea how many they made but I'm pretty sure it wasn't many.

User Info Menu

do you know the difference between this and the 800? I had an 800 that i loved. If they are basically the same guitar, i'm interested...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    do you know the difference between this and the 800? I had an 800 that i loved. If they are basically the same guitar, i'm interested...

Are the tops different Jack? What was the top on yours? Otherwise all I can think of is the finish. BTW, this is identical to the guitar that I took with me for the evening I spent with Ted Greene in 1993 or 94. He loved it.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 06-20-2024 at 11:44 PM.

Hi Jack, I ran a search just now for a Barrington BGW800 and got a 'Classical Electric,' a different beast by the looks of it. I did however see a BGW 700 from a thread that you posted on the forum a while back. Is that what you meant?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bentnote View Post
    Hi Jack, I ran a search just now for a Barrington BGW800 and got a 'Classical Electric,' a different beast by the looks of it. I did however see a BGW 700 from a thread that you posted on the forum a while back. Is that what you meant?
    yes you're right. I went back and looked at a closeup photo of the one I previously owned and it was a 700.

yes you're right. I went back and looked at a closeup photo of the one I previously owned and it was a 700.
    It looks the same but for the finish? But I can't find any documentation online.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bentnote View Post
    It looks the same but for the finish? But I can't find any documentation online.
    apparently the label on mine said BGW-400 even though the truss rod cover said 700

apparently the label on mine said BGW-400 even though the truss rod cover said 700
    Looks like the same guitar, assuming yours was also 16"?

User Info Menu

yes it was. Have you taken the pickups out? Some older sites say it's a solid top.

yes it was. Have you taken the pickups out? Some older sites say it's a solid top.
    I have not. I assumed it was a laminate top, believe I saw it described as such in older Reverb listings?