The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Came across this ad for a "refurbished 1992 classical guitar". The poster admits he got the guitar free and did a little work on it. There is no label, just the original bill of sale in a picture which looks like the brand is cut off. To save you the trouble, its a goya g125 made in korea when martin owned the name. Its worth $150 -200 tops in my book. The question is, is the poster a scammer, or just doesn't know any better. You decide. I found a shot of what the label would look like.
    Just a moment...
    Attached Images Attached Images Reverb.com ad of the day-screenshot_20240618-071125_firefox-jpg Reverb.com ad of the day-screenshot_20240618-145632_firefox-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well, the seller has no sales and thus no feedback on Reverb, that and his ad copy says "stay away."

So, looking at his pics, they show no identifying marks on the guitar... yes, I'd have to say intentional scam, he's waiting for the proverbial "sucker born every minute" to come along.

User Info Menu

I'm just waiting for the seller to get back so i can snatch up this one. Just a moment...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz View Post
    I'm just waiting for the seller to get back so i can snatch up this one. Just a moment...
    I'm speechless .... but out of curiousity, how does one "hand make" a plastic pick?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-7 View Post
    I'm speechless .... but out of curiousity, how does one "hand make" a plastic pick?
    The thing that kills me is he's asking 10K for the guitar pick and has to charge $7 shipping.Can't make this stuff up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-7 View Post
    Didn't you know? Les also invented the first 3D printer.

Back when I worked in rock and roll during the americanious biggious hair rock days, this dude with no shame would take a pick or drum stick and wave them in front of the girls hanging around after the show. One time it actually worked, and a girl left with him. That was the most I ever saw paid for a pick.
    Last edited by Brian859; 06-21-2024 at 09:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Picks don't have to be made of plastic. I've made picks from wood, both ebony and maple, and I've made plastic picks from CDs. You can buy machines that punch picks from plastic sheet material. It's more trouble than it's worth to me, but if I could sell one for even a fraction of that I would gladly start making them again. But I'm not Les Paul, nor any other famous person. If anyone wants a hand-made pick for several tens of dollars, let me know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    If anyone wants a hand-made pick for several tens of dollars, let me know.
    Could you hand-make a pick from several tens of dollars, I'm sure those would scratch somebody's itch?