The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

I was ready to purchase this one from the get go, until I saw the mods. it's not really an Elitist anymore, or is it? Why try to modify a guitar into something it just isn't going to be or meant to be?

Just a moment...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think those mods are fine. I like the MHS humbuckers, but they were never used in the L5. It’s not a collector’s guitar. Those EVO frets will last quite a bit longer than nickel also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-7 View Post
    Did you see the seller's reviews? I think he may be a few cards short of a full deck.
    Hi, I’m the individual selling the guitar. What do you mean by that?

FYI, a previous owner made most of the mods (excepted the refret). I’m very picky about playability so that’s why invested in it. It’s plays incredibly well and sounds like an L5, it’s just too big for me. I think all the mods are positive improvements and don’t understand why upgrading the hardware would make it not an Epiphone Elitist anymore,

Did you see the seller's reviews? I think he may be a few cards short of a full deck.
    Yes, I saw the seller's reviews and there is nothing wrong with his Reverb reviews, much less the seller himself. What are you adding to the original question of modifying a MIJ Archtop guitar? Zero--same zero sum value as your last gaseous commentary on another sale. Stop it.

Apologies to the seller if I got in the way of your Reverb sale. It's a fine guitar--I'm partial to the standard design of the Elitist--tuners or white volume / tone knobs, for starters.

User Info Menu

Looks sweet to me

User Info Menu

There's nothing wrong with the seller's reviews.Why cast shade on someone like you did.I would have zero problem buying from him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash View Post
    Yes, I saw the seller's reviews and there is nothing wrong with his Reverb reviews, much less the seller himself. What are you adding to the original question of modifying a MIJ Archtop guitar? Zero--same zero sum value as your last gaseous commentary on another sale. Stop it.

Apologies to the seller if I got in the way of your Reverb sale. It's a fine guitar--I'm partial to the standard design of the Elitist--tuners or white volume / tone knobs, for starters.
    no offense taken. If someone preferred the original cosmetics, they could probably sell the tailpiece and hut a new one with the proceeds along with knobs.

If anyone on the forum Is interested, I’ll sell for 2K (Plus shipping/fees)

User Info Menu

The seller has 3 reviews, two of which are 1 star (out of 5), and they both had the same complaint. I have quoted them below:

Review #1 [Translated from the French]:
    "As was pointed out in another review, this item is NOT an Epiphone Elitist guitar. The serial number indicates that this is a production line instrument, which is not to say it's a "bad" instrument, but I have several Epiphone Elitist guitars and they are beyond special. This is NOT one of these special guitars. In addition, I've seen these same images used in multiple listings - these are not actual picture of a specific instrument."

Review #2:
    "As was pointed out in another review, albeit in Frence, this item is NOT and Epiphone Elitist guitar. The serial number indicates that this is a production line instrument, which is not to say it's a "bad" instrument, but I have several Epiphone Elitist guitars and they are beyond special. This is NOT one of these special guitars. In addition, I've seen these same images used in multiple listings - these are not actual picture of a specific instrument."

Review #3: The seller's 3rd review (which is positive) was apparently not a sale but a trade because the reviewer said, "My first electric hollowbody that I got on a trade."

"I would have zero problem buying from him."

Fine, good luck with any Reverb purchase you make, you will certainly need it if you think there is "nothing wrong" with reviews like the ones that this seller has received!
    Those are reviews from other Epiphone Broadway elitists sold on Reverb. They are not feedback from buyers that have purchased from me. You have to click on the username on Reverb to see feedback

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Those are reviews from other Epiphone Broadway elitists sold on Reverb. They are not feedback from buyers that have purchased from me. You have to click on the username on Reverb to see feedback
    Wow, I sincerely apologize! I'm not familiar with Reverb's listing format (As a seller, I wouldn't be happy with it ). Please ignore my previous comments!

User Info Menu

Wow, I sincerely apologize! I'm not familiar with Reverb's listing format (As a seller, I wouldn't be happy with it ). Please ignore my previous comments!
    my man, ever since you joined the forum you have a propensity to go overboard in your posts and subsequently end up w/egg on your face. and here we are again. I'd highly recommend thinking a bit more before you hit the submit reply button.

User Info Menu

The seller has 3 reviews, two of which are 1 star (out of 5), and they both had the same complaint. I have quoted them below:

Review #1 [Translated from the French]:
    "This guitar is not an Elitist but simply a Broadway and was not made in Japan but in Korea contrary to the description (see the serial number inside)! The seller simply reproduced the description of a real Broadway Elitist... So avoid!"

Review #2:
    "As was pointed out in another review, albeit in French, this item is NOT an Epiphone Elitist guitar. The serial number indicates that this is a production line instrument, which is not to say it's a "bad" instrument, but I have several Epiphone Elitist guitars and they are beyond special. This is NOT one of these special guitars. In addition, I've seen these same images used in multiple listings - these are not actual picture of a specific instrument."

Review #3: The seller's 3rd review (which is positive) was apparently not a sale but a trade because the reviewer said, "My first electric hollowbody that I got on a trade."

"I would have zero problem buying from him."

Fine, good luck with any Reverb purchase you make, you will certainly need it if you think there is "nothing wrong" with reviews like the ones this seller has received!
    You sure do like to comment a lot.669 posts in 4 months.Maybe know what you are commenting about before getting snarky.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon View Post
    my man, ever since you joined the forum you have a propensity to go overboard in your posts and subsequently end up w/egg on your face. and here we are again. I'd highly recommend thinking a bit more before you hit the submit reply button.
    That's an exaggeration, this is actually the first time I've gotten "egg on my face" as you put it.

It true that I have made a few controversial posts but they were not outright mistakes like the one in this thread. Again, I apologize for it.

User Info Menu

One can edit or delete one's posts. This is useful function, especially if the information one posts is determined to beinaccurate or wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    One can edit or delete one's posts. This is useful function, especially if the information one posts is determined to beinaccurate or wrong.
    Yes, I know, in fact I just did that in this thread but unfortunately too late. I can't think of any other posts I've made that I regretted. As I said, some have been controversial.

User Info Menu

Yes, I know, in fact I just did that in this thread but unfortunately too late. I can't think of any other posts I've made that I regretted. As I said, some have been controversial.
    We’re not here for controversy, nor trolling. Simply chill, and think before pressing send.

User Info Menu

looks sweet but $3k for an epiphone elitist is a bit of a stretch I think. The original tailpiece on those epiphones made for a string length greater than some strings you could buy so changing over to a different tailpiece makes a lot of sense.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    looks sweet but $3k for an epiphone elitist is a bit of a stretch I think. The original tailpiece on those epiphones made for a string length greater than some strings you could buy so changing over to a different tailpiece makes a lot of sense.
    Up above he says 2k plus shipping/fees for forum members. That seems pretty fair to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I owned an Epiphone Elitist Broadway. The guitar in the OP's link looks to me like a real Elitist/Elite Broadway. The 5 layer laminate neck runs all the way from the heel through the headstock, which doesn't happen on the regular Korean Broadways. Also, the lettering on the headstock looks more old-fashioned, which was one thing I noticed about the Elitist Broadways over the regular ones. It's hard to see clearly, but the Elitist body is the full depth of the L5ces, whereas the regular production Broadway is noticeably thinner, more like 3". All these are things that are very hard to fake, btw. I think also the labeling as "Elite" puts this one in an early period of the production run, as they changed that to "Elitist" somewhat later in a trademark dispute with some other manufacturer.
    I think this is a legit Elite Broadway, and actually except for missing the white knobs, I like all the mods the owner made giving it the "L5ces" treatment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone View Post
    I owned an Epiphone Elitist Broadway. The guitar in the OP's link looks to me like a real Elitist/Elite Broadway. The 5 layer laminate neck runs all the way from the heel through the headstock, which doesn't happen on the regular Korean Broadways. Also, the lettering on the headstock looks more old-fashioned, which was one thing I noticed about the Elitist Broadways over the regular ones. It's hard to see clearly, but the Elitist body is the full depth of the L5ces, whereas the regular production Broadway is noticeably thinner, more like 3". All these are things that are very hard to fake, btw. I think also the labeling as "Elite" puts this one in an early period of the production run, as they changed that to "Elitist" somewhat later in a trademark dispute with some other manufacturer.
    I think this is a legit Elite Broadway, and actually except for missing the white knobs, I like all the mods the owner made giving it the "L5ces" treatment.
    You can tell by the arch on the plate that it’s the reall deal.

I think 2K is fair. I’d buy it if it was UK side.