The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

A black 175 is rare. If you think it is gorgeous, as I do, then here is a 1991 in mint condition! It is well set up with Tomastic Swing 12 Flats and definitely has that proverbial 'thonk'. The case is just OK, the combination lock clasp has been removed. She plays like a dream but I've been mostly playing semi-hollows these days so it is time to move her along.
    Original: $4400 + shipping, Now: $4000 + shipping

1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-img_8586-jpg1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-img_8583-jpg1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-back-jpg1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-img_8588-jpg1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-img_8589-jpg1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-full-jpg1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-face-jpg1991 Gibson ES-175 Ebony REDUCED-back-jpg
    Last edited by Rustic; Today at 04:07 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gorgeous! I love black Gibson’s. Where are you located ?

Austin, Texas

UPDATE!

I just heard from Sam Sherry who looked up the serial number on this 175, it was actually born in 1991!

Thank you Sam.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    Thank you Sam.

"Overstand: To know way too much about something than is good for you. Ant: Understand."

Mighty sharp instrument. GLWS!

User Info Menu

UPDATE!

I just heard from Sam Sherry who looked up the serial number on this 175, it was actually born in 1991!

Thank you Sam.
    This is still here? Love the Ebony on this.

User Info Menu

Es-tux

User Info Menu

Hi

PM sent.
    pls check messages

Gottcha,

Sorry for the delay, the forum page wouldn't open for a few days...

Thanks,
    R.

Bump.

User Info Menu

Black beauty!!

User Info Menu

Bump!

User Info Menu

Bump for a beautiful looking guitar!

I couldn't agree with you more, I fell in love with the look (and sound) of this. I've seen a few in ebony but this is the first I've seen with gold hardware...

Bump

User Info Menu

Bump for a gorgeous guitar!

User Info Menu

A black 175 is rare...
    While I don't doubt that a black 175 can be difficult to find, currently there are several for sale on Reverb and eBay. Would it make sense to offer a lower price with the next bump?

Thanks for your suggestion, I just reduced the price to $4200 in the original posting.

There are indeed some other black ones for sale at the moment, but the examples I see either don't have gold hardware or are in no where near the pristine condition that this one is in. Plus, I am open to reasonable offers...

User Info Menu

May I also suggest when you (or anyone else) reduce a price, keep the original asking price in your post for comparison. A lower price might have appeal by itself, but it's more of a "bargain" if I see the "was $10, now only $5". Just a tip from an old psycho-logist. GLWTS!

Bump for price reduction.