The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Both amp and cab are in excellent condition. One careful owner. No repair work of any kind performed. Perfect working order.

This amp. needs no introduction here - except perhaps to say that it is no longer being made, and it works very well for archtops and mainstream jazz. It is by no means just an amazing rock guitar amp which impersonates expensive, fragile, heavy tube amps incredibly well. But I'm sure that's well established.

What sceptics there are tend to complain that it is a bit 'bright'....Well there's no doubt that it has more dynamic range than that (sometime) benchmark polytone sound. After years of using solid state amps for small group jazz (Henriksen, Polytone, AI Clarus - even Evans) I have found that this little Quilter gives everything a Fendery freshness and zing whilst at the same time giving me a fatter tone than I've had before. It also generates what you might call a softer or thicker feel under the pick - which is addictive (and I think may be a halmark feature of really good tube amps). This amp has proved itself to work flawlessly with loud piano players and drummers in small, loud, clubs - to be unfriendly to feedback - and incredibly easy to use to produce a warm, thick sound that people regularly remark on. All the voices work very well - but 'brown' is probably the one that will be most popular with archtop players.

The second channel sounds great too - even without all the tone-shaping features.

I was very surprised to find that when I swapped my 9m curly cable for a short, hi-end, cable I didn't like the sound quite as much at the gig. It was a bit, dare I say it, bright. So I like to use 9m curly cable now - works very well (darkens the sound without dampening it, sort of thing).

The 12'' HD extension cab just makes the whole thing sound bigger and thicker. They fit together easily without any clips. Stacked, it's like an inverted solid state twin reverb.

8'' Combo - 700 pounds.
    12'' Extension Cab - 300 pounds.

950 pounds for the pair.

I'll pay postage for UK sales.

Bank transfer preferred to PayPal because of the fees...

Long term member - lots of successful sales (and purchases) over the last 15 years or more!! yikes.

cheers.

Quilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3449-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3427-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3434-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3423-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3446-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3420-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3419-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3432-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3430-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3427-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3441-jpgQuilter Micropro Mach 2 8 plus 12'' Quilter HD extension cab-img_3445-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Incredibly versatile amp set up! Went with Quilters almost 10 years ago from heavy tube amps(Mesa Boogie,etc)
    Have never been so happy with my overall tone, and not having to service my amps as well as my BACK!

Ive gigged extensively in all types of situations from Jazz Duos,Loud outside Rock and Pop gigs, clubs,churches, auditoriums.
    The direct out itself is worth the price of admission as well as it never depends on venue electricity issues.Always the same consistent tone!

User Info Menu

bump