The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

two careful owners - lightly used second hand condition

Home - Evans Custom Amplifiers

of all the solid state jazz amps I've owned this is easily the best. Only the Quilter - not really designed as a jazz guitar amp - competes. Evans has always aimed at the Fender end of the jazz amp spectrum. Both Quilter and Evans excel at offering people who don't want to bother with massive heavy hissy tube amps something which captures some of the magic of tubes. Its distinguishing feature is adjustability - or 'tone-shaping'. Some represent the remarkably wide range of sounds this amp can produce as making it difficult to adjust - and I suppose they're right. but like no other amp I've used it allows you to boost or cut 'body' or 'depth' or 'fatness' whilst keeping freshness or treble constant - so without muffling or dampening.

Still produced - new price around 1750 dollars.
    Rarely available in excellent condition.

Price: 700 pounds
    UK sale preferred - free postage to UK
    Bank transfer preferred to PayPal because of fees.
    Long term member here - lots of successful sales and purchases over the years.
    Evans RE 300 excellent condition-img_3451-jpgEvans RE 300 excellent condition-img_3450-jpgEvans RE 300 excellent condition-img_3452-jpgEvans RE 300 excellent condition-img_3453-jpgEvans RE 300 excellent condition-img_3458-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Another great alternative to tube amps!

User Info Menu

bump

User Info Menu

bump

User Info Menu

I had an Evans 200w 12" in beautiful forest green. Was awesome, nevershouldhavesoldit.

User Info Menu

My own RE200 gets regular use - not as much as my BUD6 but when more volume and spread is called for the Evans delivers. Like with many other amps it sounds best at a level just a bit above bedroom volume and one must spend some time learning the controls but it’s a solid, totally reliable and easily portable, toneful tool. GLWTS !