The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4388-jpg

Asking $5300 + shipping OBO. $5000 + shipping for forum members

More photos and details located here: Just a moment...
    Attached Images Attached Images Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4394-jpg Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4386-jpg Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4391-jpeg Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4381-jpg Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4379-jpg Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4378-jpg Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-img_4385-jpg 
    Last edited by Dioxic; 09-18-2024 at 08:43 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Bump. Special $5K + shipping deal for forum members!

User Info Menu

The Sadowsky SS-15 was introduced in 2010. Your guitar is not from the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    The Sadowsky SS-15 was introduced in 2010. Your guitar is not from the 1990s.
    ah that’s good to know. I used the serial guide Sadowsky had on his website, but perhaps that was user error on my end. Will remove for now and update once I’ve confirmed the year.

Appreciate the clarification.

User Info Menu

I’ve long pondered switching from my Jimmy Bruno to a SS-15, but I can never decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    I’ve long pondered switching from my Jimmy Bruno to a SS-15, but I can never decide.
    Funny enough I used to often consider switching to a Bruno!

User Info Menu

I've got a 2011 SS-15 and the year is written on the inside label right along with the serial number... just sayin'

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dioxic View Post
    Funny enough I used to often consider switching to a Bruno!
    I like the thinner body of the SS, and its wider neck, but I'm always afraid I'd miss the extra 15th fret on the Bruno. I don't often need it, but when suddenly want to reach a very high chord extension, it's there.

Anyway, that SS should sell fast!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dioxic View Post
    ah that’s good to know. I used the serial guide Sadowsky had on his website, but perhaps that was user error on my end. Will remove for now and update once I’ve confirmed the year.

Appreciate the clarification.
    That's for NYC guitars and basses made in the shop in New York. The Japanese instruments have a different serial sequence beginning with A

User Info Menu

The year should be written in on the label inside.

User Info Menu

Fwiw, Hand written serial #s are "Roger NYC" setup guitars. Stamped is Japanese, Source: Roger Sadowsky, Jan 2024

User Info Menu

Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-sadowsky-label-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Sadowsky SS-15 - Sienna Burst-sadowsky-label-jpg
    user error indeed it is 2010

Quote Originally Posted by StoneWaller View Post
    Fwiw, Hand written serial #s are "Roger NYC" setup guitars. Stamped is Japanese, Source: Roger Sadowsky, Jan 2024
    this is hand written so I’d assume it’s made in NYC, but conflicts with what the other poster said above. I’m not an expert. Regardless, great playing and sounding guitar