The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Hi,

I am selling this absolutely pristine 1993 James W. Hutchins-Signed Wes Mongtomery Signature Model #93023701. Recently set-up by an excellent NYC luthier. As f-hole label says, this is a tap-tuned L5 with top, back, tone bars, and air-chamber hand-tuned by master luthier James Hutchins (November 24, 1993). Pickup screws adjusted for volume leveling of the strings. This guitar sings and has no visible imperfections. I have never seen a 30-year-old guitar in such excellent condition. The finish is still shining as can be seen from the photos. Comes with a TKL hard case. Please contact me for any photos, videos, or questions. Please see reverb link for pictures.
    Just a moment...

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images 1993 MINT Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery James Hutchins Signed Pristine Condition-img_3907-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvermanr View Post
    Hi,

I am selling this absolutely pristine 1993 James W. Hutchins-Signed Wes Mongtomery Signature Model #93023701. Recently set-up by an excellent NYC luthier. As f-hole label says, this is a tap-tuned L5 with top, back, tone bars, and air-chamber hand-tuned by master luthier James Hutchins (November 24, 1993). Pickup screws adjusted for volume leveling of the strings. This guitar sings and has no visible imperfections. I have never seen a 30-year-old guitar in such excellent condition. The finish is still shining as can be seen from the photos. Comes with a TKL hard case. Please contact me for any photos, videos, or questions. Please see reverb link for pictures.
    Just a moment...

Thanks
    ..and the price on the forum is?????

User Info Menu

You can't sell anything to anyone on this forum no price. Be a real person and put the price in the add be bold. I went to the store today and bought a loaf of bread they said it was $2.89 a loaf. No guess work because I would not buy a loaf of bread without knowing the price.

User Info Menu

Reverb price is $10,500.

And, since this price is not on the forum, I have no problem commenting on how dumb I think it is. Seems outrageously high to me.

Last edited by Hammertone; Today at 02:36 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    Reverb price is $10,500.
    Anyone here can suss that out. Duh. The point that others are making here, a lot more frequently now, is that this JGF thread was not conceived as a satellite dispensary link for sales listed elsewhere: address members with your sales price and with some recognition, however vague, that you've read the JGF posting guidelines--not a big ask.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    Reverb price is $10,500.
    This is not reverb, if you don’t give some better deal I say you should not post. No price listed in the ad here. I don’t care about the original i want a price here.

User Info Menu

what does air-chambered hand tuned mean? I'm imagining something a lot more complicated than it probably is. Like with scuba divers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam b View Post
    what does air-chambered hand tuned mean? I'm imagining something a lot more complicated than it probably is. Like with scuba divers.

User Info Menu

ah, of course. I should have known. that clears it right up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam b View Post
    A bit of misphrasing:

1993 MINT Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery James Hutchins Signed Pristine Condition-screenshot-2024-09-26-1-52-36-pm-png

User Info Menu

Uh-boy. Another of those fly in new members who post for sale items without reading the rules.

On Audio forums you must have at least 10 posts to post something in a ‘for sale’ section. This forum needs to have a 25 post minimum. Well, it’s something here that’s bugged me, but I don’t own the place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    I recognize that from the blueprint of the Titan submersible that blew up, so it would certainly be an advantage to have a guitar that utilizes that technology.

User Info Menu

isn't that Hammertone's sofa?

it makes the guitar look even better somehow

though he hasn't positioned it correctly