The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Just a moment...

This is a single pick-up version in a natural finish. No affiliation with the seller. They don't come up very often (especially the single pickup ones, which I believe are all custom orders).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice git at a nice price. Looks like a wound G on a bridge that is set for a plain G intonation. I would assume you could turn around the saddle piece.

User Info Menu

It’s a tune-o-matic, so it should be fine.

User Info Menu

If I lived in the U.S. I would buy that immediately! Great guitar, great price. (Of course would have to chat with the seller re history of the guitar, etc.)

In the past I have owned an Albatross and an Exrubato and the quality was superb on both.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alpop
    If I lived in the U.S. I would buy that immediately! Great guitar, great price. (Of course would have to chat with the seller re history of the guitar, etc.)

In the past I have owned an Albatross and an Exrubato and the quality was superb on both.
    I have one of these, except that mine is sunburst and has block inlays. Fantastic guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    I have one of these, except that mine is sunburst and has block inlays. Fantastic guitar.
    Yes, I remember your guitar from when you used to post your playing in the Virtual Jam thread. It sounds great. Clearer and more sustain than a 175.

User Info Menu

Superb quality guitars. I have a Seventy-Seven and it's in regular rotation.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 05-30-2024 at 03:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Mine was an actual “Deep” that had the word deep on the truss rod cover.

That one appears more shallow than a deep though. It appears like a normal Hawk model. Jack Zucker had one.

Still a great buy. I paid $1350 used for my former deep.

This is my former guitar.

User Info Menu

Came so close to buying this... but I have too many guitars. Have to be a seller not a buyer. Damn.

User Info Menu

I am so with you on that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Mine was an actual “Deep” that had the word deep on the truss rod cover.

That one appears more shallow than a deep though. It appears like a normal Hawk model. Jack Zucker had one.

Still a great buy. I paid $1350 used for my former deep.

This is my former guitar.

My understanding is that the "standard" version is thinner (around 2"), and the "deep" version is 3-3/8" (like a 175). Deviser's website is no help as far as measurements go, but the pictures of both models match my understanding. Also, the pictures of both the standard and deep variants of the Hawk Jazz just say "Jazz" on the TRC, as does mine (which is 3-3/8" deep), so I'm guessing they're just inconsistent on that. Jack's two were the 175 depth, but I don't remember whether either was explicitly called "deep". The one in the Reverb ad that I posted looks like the same depth as mine.

User Info Menu

What are the necks like on these? Thick/thin?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNrG
    What are the necks like on these? Thick/thin?
    Thick.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    Came so close to buying this... but I have too many guitars. Have to be a seller not a buyer. Damn.
    I'm having a real problem with that lately. I sold 2 pedals and an amp..... and bought 1 pedal and 2 guitars I'm supposed to be purging... I have too much stuff and not enough room!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Thick.
    Ever take a 1st and/or 10th fret measurement?
    One person's thick is another's thin!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNrG
    Ever take a 1st and/or 10th fret measurement?
    One person's thick is another's thin!
    Yup. Mine is .93” at the 1st and 1.02” at the 10th. The overall shape feels round/c-shaped.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Yup. Mine is .93” at the 1st and 1.02” at the 10th. The overall shape feels round/c-shaped.
    Thanks. Those numbers are very close to my '49 Epi Broadway.
    These Seventy Seven's seem like nice guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I'm having a real problem with that lately. I sold 2 pedals and an amp..... and bought 1 pedal and 2 guitars I'm supposed to be purging... I have too much stuff and not enough room!
    A bass player colleague of mine is selling his 90s yo father's Selmer tenor and alto saxes. It's very sad, he was a wonderful gigging musician. And played a wicked arranger's piano on a Rhodes(!) Knew all the standards. Played for my sister's wedding!

User Info Menu

Sold! (to the man with the spittoon haircut)