The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Sold for $2,852.96
    Could be a 1960 from the guild chart and blowing the picture up. Looks in decent shape. Good nonoriginal case. Guild Electric Guitar & Hard Case | ShopGoodwill.com1960? Guild capri at Goodwill ,852.96-screenshot_20240607-130108_firefox-jpg1960? Guild capri at Goodwill ,852.96-screenshot_20240607-125434_firefox-jpg
    Last edited by Brian859; 06-14-2024 at 09:40 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If this is a PSA, wouldn't it be wise to include a link to the auction/sale?

User Info Menu

Yep. Sorry, had the link copied and forgot. I like the looks of that though.

User Info Menu

Guild lists it as a 1960 production:
    https://guildguitars.com/wp-content/...your_guild.pdf

Same as this 1960 model: Just a moment...

Here's a similar 1965 model:
    Guild - 1965 - T-100D in Sunburst

Judging by the pictures alone (which of course can be deceiving) it appears to be in good condition for a 60+ year old guitar.

Will be interesting to see how high the bidding goes, just listed and already at $800.

I really like the looks of that guitar. But its likely to go way past my budget by two or three times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian859
    I really like the looks of that guitar. But its likely to go way past my budget by two or three times.
    The cool thing is that you can plug in the number that fits your budget as your maximum bid, and until the bidding gets past that number, you will be high bidder!

There is a chance, of course, that someone else's maximum bid is higher than your maximum would be, which would instantly leap over yours and become the high bid.

User Info Menu

What's the highest closing bid you've seen on a Good Will guitar? I don't exactly recall, up to $3k I think.

The ones I recall was a like new super high end prs with the case and all cards and whatnot that went for $4500 several years ago. And back about 10 years ago there was a early, 1961 maybe. gibson sg custom with the three pickups. The thing was in really good shape and that went for an unheard for the time $3300 if I recall.

User Info Menu

Ah, so you've been watching Good Will auctions for a long time now! I just discovered the website about 2 months ago. I'm guessing the average bids are much higher now than in the past? I've seen trashed guitars sell for absurdly high prices, is that an anomaly?

Have you ever bought a guitar off the site? I have gotten great deals on a standing desk and a sturdy metal music stand, that's about it.

Yes. I have gotten a few sub $100 guitars that were pretty decent after working on them for a while. The conn c200 I use on the sort of jazz sounding song at the top of the composition section now. That was $82. Its really starting to sound good at times.

User Info Menu

Matthew Scott blew up his YouTube channel we he bought this one on Goodwill. I don’t remember what it went for, but I think it was fairly high. Whatever it was, it appears to have been a decent investment for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

It is a lot like playing the lottery, you never know what you're gonna get, so gambling addicts should probably stay away.

Whoa nelly! Sold for $2,852.96. I was thinking $1900.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian859 View Post
    Whoa nelly! Sold for $2,852.96. I was thinking $1900.
    Jeez, that's a Reverb sales price! I think that the days of finding deals on anything other than budget or fixer-upper guitars at Good Will online are probably over.

You can still get great deals at their retail stores though. My brother got a good drum set for about $100 at a local GW store, he was in the right place at the right time because it had just come in the day before.

It is a sweet looking guitar in good shape though. Maybe it was someone from here and they will do a NGD. I am curious what it sounds like. I'm guessing it sounds really good.