The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    This stunning Heritage 575 was ordered directly from the factory by Arthur Richards. Arthur was a career professional guitarist who played with Tom Waits, Dan Fogelberg, and Neil Diamond among many others across the country. His background and early training was in jazz, and he expanded his talents to when he met Tom Waits on the steps of the Troubador in LA. Athur's guitar work is all over Wait's 1976 album, "The Heart of Saturday Night".

In 2021, Arthur directly worked with the folks at Heritage to build this fabulous 575. Pete Farmer was the master luthier there at the time (and may still be), and according to the rep I spoke with "had his hands all over this build". The top, sides, and back are built with the best maple they had in the shop at the time. Indeed, I was told the top wood is such a high grade, it is not even available today. You can see the serial number on the back of the headstock in the photos. Feel free to give Heritage a call, and a rep can tell you even more perhaps. I've called twice. It always goes to voice mail, but a rep will call the next day.

Arthur is now in his eighties, and his health has declined to the point where he can't play much anymore. He never really had the chance to enjoy this beautiful 575 as his decline started about the time he took delivery.

Here are some more of the specs for this build beyond the description above. They conform to the standard specs for this model. 24 3/4" scale; 12" fretboard radius; 1 11/16" nut; rosewood fretboard; chrome enclosed Grover tuners; all chrome hardware; Seth Lover humbuckers; three way switch; rosewood pickguard (Arthur never got around to removing the sticker). I've had it plugged in and all the electronics work perfectly. Comes in original issue Heritage hardshell case. I'm an acoustic guy and seldom handle electrics of any kind. So, if I've missed something, please PM me, and I'll get the answer for you.

Price is $3,750.00 plus shipping. I have the insurances covered. See pics here: Flickr, NO trades on his one, please. PM me with questions, and I'll get back with you promptly.
    Last edited by oldgoatguitars; 06-16-2024 at 09:40 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The H-575 has a lot to like.

User Info Menu

Ive had several, still have 2.(the others played just as well the keepers were for mainly cosmetic considerations) When I peruse pre owned guitars here or reverb etc I would have to spend twice or more to get an instrument of this caliber. New from a manufacturer I cant think of any, fine vintage would be at least twice and probably need work or wait years for something I specked from some of the fine custom luthiers right here showing wares on this site. Given its all personal preference, for me these 575s are amazing bargains. This one is particularly sweet and like new if I didnt have 2 Id be seriously considering it even sight unseen my experience with these is its a safe bet the new owner will have made a fantastic score.
    Just sayin....

Thanks for the replies. I neglected to place in the listing that I offer a three day right-of-return on everything I sell. I've been selling vintage Martin and Gibson acoustics for 30 years, and this has always been my policy. You can look at guitar pictures all you want, but until you get it in-hand, you can't know for sure. Buyer simply must pay the return shipping and insurance. I've actually had very few returned because I try to provide the most accurate description with full disclosure as possible. I'm walking a little gingerly here because these guitars are out of my wheelhouse. That's why I posted in the listing for any of you seasoned veterans to call me out if I missed anything. I'll correct anything that needs clarification or editing.

User Info Menu

Heritage H575's are sweet sounding/playing pro-level archtops.

Good luck with your sale.

Great guitar. I have one and love it. A bit heavy and possibly overbuilt. For some reason they seem hard to sell. GLWTS!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prossi@cozen.com View Post
    Great guitar. I have one and love it. A bit heavy and possibly overbuilt. For some reason they seem hard to sell. GLWTS!!!!
    They are sturdy compared to the L-5. I have two (one on borrow). They are comfortable and definitely electric.

Father's Day price reduction to $3,750.00.